Wednesday, September 05, 2007

First Day of School 2007

"This is how I feel about you taking my picture today"


"Okay, coast is clear, now quick take the picture"


"I am too stylish for words!"

"Do I not look totally cool???"

Today was a big day in the Lee household as Hannah went off to middle school and Sophie went off to third grade without her big sister by her sidel! Last night no one slept well as anxious stomachs grumbeled and bumbeled. Everyone was up at first light, dressed and ready to go. The buses were late, as always on the first day, and Gene and I smiled at Hannah as she snipped at us to calm her frayed nerves. Hannah wasn't going to indulge me with a photo but since she was ready so early this morning she let me take the classic shot well before the bus was even due to come. Later, Sophie, true to form, demanded I take her picture. Both girls went for "looks" today. Hannah was going for Middle School Grundge and Sophie was going for Cosmo Girl! I think success was acheived by both. They are both home now and good days were had by all. I think everyone will sleep well tonight, and the routine begins!

1 comment:

Doug said...

What lovely photos with the narrative it was almost like being there. I think both girls looked great and could only wish I could have been there to give them a proper sendoff. AML
Dad (pop-pop to some)