Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Sophie gets Plastered

Hannah is currently doing a school project on Ancient Greek theater. Of course, no greek theater project would be complete without the requisite comedy/tragedy masks. So with her sister and I as subjects she went to work with some plaster strips and a lot of patience from us.
Sophie got to be comedy, I was tragedy. I know I haven't posted anything in a while but this event seemed worthy of a little photojournalism. Enjoy!

First you have to make an "X" over the nose, then you do the forehead.


Next the cheeks:

Finally, fill in the blanks, but leave some air holes!


This thing is getting heavy! Get it off me:


Ahhh! Relief!!
The finished product and a happy girl with a clean face!

Now it's Mommy's turn! (Remember the mask is a tragedy mask so I only look grumpy on the outside)
Tada!!
Stay tuned for when she paints them tomorrow!!

1 comment:

Doug said...

What a great project. If she needs a grumpy old face I would be happy to get plastered. AML Pop-pop (Dad to some)